Sunday 22 March 2015

Spotlight: Benefit Roller Lash


If you have read my Birchbox post this month, you will know that I was excited about receiving a sample of the new Benefit Roller Lash.

I've had a hit and miss relationship with Benefit mascaras. Their Real Lash is one of my top mascaras. The Bad Girl Lash on the other hand just doesn't do it for me. So the Roller Lash could have gone either way!

What makes the Roller Lash different is the curved wand, which is designed to enable you to curl your lashes without the use of a curler. In Benefit's words, the idea is to 'hook 'n' roll'. It also comes with a really cute packaging design. I love the rose gold colour, and full size has even been made to look like a hair roller. It's so pretty.


I have been wearing this all week to get some full use out of it. To me, it is a great daytime mascara. It doesn't offer as much of a dramatic look as the Real Lash one does, but it's perfect for definition and lengthening. I can be quite picky with mascaras, but I love this one. It ticks all my boxes, and my lashes look great. After a week I'm still loving at how long they look!

It took me a while to be able to roll it over my lashes to get the curl. I still find that I, weirdly, struggle with my right eye, and end up with masacara on my eylid! But it comes off easily enough before it dries. The best bit is that I'm finding I don't have panda eyes at the end of the day, which has been something I struggle with other mascaras!

One thing I would point out is that the Roller Lash doesn't give volume, so if that is important, then this mascara is not for you.

Overall I really love it. the downside of course is the price. I'm not really sure I can justify £19.50 on a mascara. But the mascara is good enough to make me reconsider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *