Sunday 15 March 2015

March Birchbox


This month, Birchbox is collaborating with Habitat for a theme they are calling 'DO try this at home'. It's all about spring cleaning the everyday, from beauty to the home. The thing I love the most about this month is the box it comes in. It's such a lively design!

Birchbox appears to have started a new look with their boxes, and gone are the usual pouches the products come in. I'm a little sad about that, but I guess I never knew what to do with them anyway! They're also offering a slimmer box which can fit through the letter box. For now, I am happy sticking to the regular box, but I'm happy that option is there.

This month the products are hit and miss for me. there are some I'm happy to see, but others I'm just not interested in.



Benefit Roller Lash - This month Birchbox gave all subscribers the chance to pick which Benefit mascara to try. I was a bit late in choosing, but luckily I got the product I wanted. Having tried the other two Benefit mascaras previously, I was excited about getting the new Roller Lash. The brush on this is interesting, as it is curved. It's designed to curl and define your lashes using what Benefit call the 'hook 'n' roll' technique. I'm going to try this one out and then do a proper review in the near future, so look out for that!

Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris - I know fragrance samples and can be a bit of a hit and miss, and many people who don't enjoy receiving them. I am not one of those. I think they're great for trying a perfume out before shelling out a lot of money, especially as they can be so expensive. I've not road tested this one yet, but the fruity notes in the fragrance is giving me a good first impression.

Philip Kingsley Elastizer - This is a pre-shampoo treatment, which is intensive and super-conditioning, so it's great for damaged hair. I don't dye or use much heat on my hair any more so it's not in a terrible condition. I think this is one I may give or away or hang onto it for in case I need it in the future.

Serenity Skincare Dead Sea Bath Salt - I think this is one another one that I'm going to hang onto. I really like products to help unwind, though my bath isn't very suitable to relax in. It's too small! But I can definitely see me getting use out of it in the future when I have a pamper day.

TanOrganic Self Tanning Oil - This is probably the thing I am least excited about, as I don't self tan. I'm actually someone who doesn't care about being tanned at all, and prefer my paler skin! Apparently this is the world's first tanning oil, and it's organic, so I can see that there are benefits for people who do like to use tanning products.

A Perfect Heritage by Penny Vincenzi - One thing I do not like getting in the box is book samples. Generally, all the samples are ones I'm not interested in and wouldn't read, so this isn't for me at all.

Birchbox and Habitat Exclusive Notebook - I must admit, I can be addicted to notebooks! This is another one to add to my collection. It's very small which makes it great for jotting down notes or shopping lists, and so will fit great in any handbag.

Have you tried any of this month's products?

4 comments:

  1. I really want to try the roller lash mascara! I look forward to a post on it!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to writing the post. So far, I think I like it!

      Delete
  2. the box looks cute! i just bought myself roller lash but i've only used it once so i'm not sure how i feel about it yet!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I wasn't sure how I felt when I first used it too. I think I am liking it though.

      Delete

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *