Friday 9 May 2014

Boots Haul


Two days ago I bought far more than I should have from Boots, and most certainly spent more money than I intended to. I had picked up more than what is in the picture to buy, particularly the Bourjois chocolate bronzer, but I was ambushed by a lady from the Benefit Counter who tempted me with an exciting makeover, and I thought it was best to be a bit more careful. It didn't take me much convincing to have a makeover to be fair. As I've mentioned before, I've been wanting to try Benefit products for a while so I jumped at the chance to give them a go. My wallet didn't thank me for it though.

I had a really great makeover at the Benefit counter and she showed me some really great products, I particularly like the two below (obviously as I bought them) but there were a few more I'd like to go back and get one day. The first is Gimme Brow. It really made my eyebrows pop. I have never seen them so defined. The second is the Rocketeur blush which was such a beautiful shimmery shade. She used this along with Watts Up on my cheekbones and it just made my face look amazing. I completely loved it.

One day I may go back for these, but for now this is what I bought from Boots on my last trip:

Boots Large Patterned Mirror - This was needed so much. I have been using the little mirror in my concealer kit to do my make-up, but it's only really big enough to see my eyes. Now I have a mirror for my whole face, I can see everything. It also it really cute so it's win-win really.

Sally Hansen Miracle Cure - I have been having problems with my nails peeling recently, and it doesn't look like it is curing itself any time soon, so I thought I'd try something to help them along the way. I picked this one as I have heard good things about Sally Hansen products, and it was actually a decent price compared to others they stocked. I have given my nails one coat, and so far, so good. It's really made my nails smooth and given a protective layer.

Frizz Ease Dream Curls Shampoo & conditioner - This is not my usual shampoo and conditioner, but the offer was a bit better on this one, so I thought I'd give it a try. As I have naturally curly hair, I like to get haircare products that will help them more defined.

Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot - I've seen recommendations for this translucent powder over the internet, and Soap & Glory is a brand I really love. How could I not try it? So far I really like it. It makes my face look great and is really mattifying. It has quickly gone into my bag ready for touch-ups throughout the day.

Benefit The POREfessional - This was a product that I have seen bloggers all over use, and as soon as the Benefit lady put it on me I could see why. This has very quickly gone into my make-up routine.

Benefit Boi-ing - This is such a brilliant little concealer. It is amazing what a big difference it make. As soon as the Benefit lady dabbed it on my face it covered up my blemishes well, and just made my face look great.

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - I have been wanting a new brush for my foundation for some time. I have been using the Real Techniques Foundation Brush, but it is a bit small. This one is the perfect size. I really love the Real Techniques brushes. They are so soft but sturdy and feel great to use.

Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion Sample - The Benefit lady used this on me and she gave me a little sample. I really like it as it felt light on my skin and weirdly smelt great too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *