Friday 12 September 2014

Benefit V.I.P. Spree


I often like to walk through Boots on my way home from work, and spend some time browsing around the make-up. Weirdly, I find it relaxing. On one of these trips, I decided to pick up a mini size of Benefit's They're Real Mascara, and sitting next to it was this little Benefit VIP Spree pack. After a short moment of deliberation, obviously I bought it...

There are three sample size products in the pack; High Beam, Bad Gal Lashes and Sugarbomb lipgloss. It also comes with a voucher for £10 off when you spend over £25 on Boots.com, as well as a voucher for a free makeover at any Boots Benefit counter.All for £9.95.

First up is High Beam, and it's safe to say I have fallen in love with the product. It comes with a little brush which makes it really easy to apply. All I do it is dot some on my cheekbones, blend it in and it looks great. It gives the skin a really beautiful shimmer, and it's not ridiculously obvious. I also use it on my cupid's bow, down the bridge of my nose and under the arches of my eyebrow to highlight my face.

Next is the Bad Gal Lashes. The wand has thick bristles, and is geared more towards achieved voluminous lashes. It's not my favourite type of mascara, so I'm not blown over by it, To be honest, I can't see any difference in what I'd get for a cheaper product. I also found it smudged throughout the day more that the They're Real one does. It's not bad, but I won't be purchasing a full size.

Finally is the Sugabomb lipgloss. The first thing I noticed is that the gloss is scented, and I'm really not fond of it. Getting over that though, it applies really smoothly on the lips and made them feel moist and smooth for ages, without being overly sticky. I would describe it as a shimmery, mauve-pink shade. It would be nice, if I could get over the scent.

Have you tried any of these products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *