Monday 18 August 2014

August Birch Box


It's August! And it's Birch Box time!

This month, Birch Box is focussing on getting away from it all, travelling away to far flung destinations complete with sandy beaches and palm trees. They've packed a box full of travelling essentials to help us through the holiday season.

I do think it might be bit late for this theme. We seem to have hit autumn here in Britain, and I'm sure most people have gone on their travels by now. But it is most certainly not a bad little box. I've not been enthused by it as much as I have with previous boxes, but I am still loving my little surprises every month and there are still some great products included.

One particular exciting thing about this month's box is that instead of the usual fabric bag, all the goodies around in this very cute plastic pouch, which will be great for taking travelling with. Even if you're not going away, it will be very useful for everyday make-up.

 So, included in this month is:

Dead Sea Spa Magik Refreshing Bath Shower Gel - I don't really feel like I have much to say about this one, as really it's just another bath/shower gel. I think the scent is lovely. It smells fresh, like the sea. It's a great product to take away on holiday, but other that that, it doesn't seem very special. I do like that the gel is blue though.

Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect - This is a leave-in conditioning spray which helps protect against heat and sun damage. As I've got naturally curly hair, any products I use are to help define them and I find it hard to pull away from that. I think this will be great for anyone with straight hair. In fact I've given it to my sister as it's perfect for her. It's just not for me.

Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream - Finally something I am looking forward to. I've never used a CC cream before, and this one looks a good one to start giving it a go! It's a light cream to even out the skin tone, and I particularly love that it has SPF 35. I don't normally see foundations with sun protection that high. My one concern is that my sample came in the shade light/medium but it seems incredibly dark. Hopefully it'll blend in well and look great.

Vasanti Brightenup! Enzymatic Face Rejuvanator - This is a facial exfoliator and sounds great. It's definitely one I'm excited to try. The packaging tells me it's enriched with papaya, micro-crytals and aloe. The grains are very small with I find feels better on the skin as it's not too rough. I think this will be great all year round especially in the colder months to perk up the skin.

Wild About Beauty Powder Eyeshadow - I was a little disappointed by this one at first. I don't really wear eyeshadow, so I thought this was going to be another one to give away. However, upon opening, I fell in love immediately. The colour is absolutely gorgeous. It's a bronzy-copper sort of shade which is perfect for summer and it has a beautiful shimmer to it. I'm planing on using this over my lid or to define my crease. It is the shade that may encourage me to use eyeshadow more often!

The Proposal by Tasmina Terry - As a lifestyle extra this month we received the first chapter of a summer read. It is a romantic novel 'which spans 1950s London and present day NYC'. I must admit that this does not interest me at all. As you can probably tell from this post, I don't really read romantic novels. Not only that, but after skimming through and seeing mentions of people playing polo, drinking champagne and generally being high-fliers, I don't think it's a book I can relate to. To cut a long story short - I'm going to give this one a miss. It's really not my thing. But if it is your thing, then it may be worth giving it a go.

Which products sound good to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *