Sunday 6 July 2014

Mid-year goals


At the beginning of every year I like to set a series of goals to accomplish through the year. It's not really resolutions as they're something to work on, and they're not necessarily as measurable as resolutions can be., but it's always good to have a focus for the year ahead.

Seven months on and I'm a different person to the one who started the year. Only slightly, as my role at work changed unexpectedly and I have new interests. Because of this I wanted to take a look at my goals and see where I want to be at the end of the year.

So these are the handful of goals to get me through to 2015 and hopefully beyond:

  1. Say 'yes'-  I'm one of these people who often puts things off, or who ends up avoiding something because I get anxious about a situation or don't know what to expect. I suspect I've missed loads of brilliant opportunities because of this, so it's time for me to keep experiencing more and say yes a lot more often.
  2. Keep healthy - This is a very important goal as I really want to get healthier by eating well and keeping active. I am currently doing C25K running program, as well trying to go on regular bike rides. Eating well is the hardest, as I do like my food, but I'm trying integrate eat more fruit and veg into my everyday diet. By the end of the year I'd like to have a good healthy routine and diet in place.
  3. Work towards my career - I heard or read recently that once you know what you want to do with your life, every decision you make should be towards that. I've only recently decided what it is I want to go into. I've spent many years just doing what I enjoy, or just things that'll get me by. Now I have an idea I can start working towards it and I want to be well under the way by the end of the year.

So that is my focus for the rest of the year and hopefully when we begin 2015 I'll be able to say that they're well under way.

What are your mid-year goals?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *