Wednesday 15 April 2015

April Birchbox


This month, Birchbox have provided such a beautiful looking box. The theme is "Royally Good" to celebrate royal baby number two. The box this time comes in two colours, and happily I got mine in the baby blue colour.I hope Birchbox keep up these gorgeous looking boxes. I am enjoying getting them every month. It makes it hard to get rid of them though!

Now Birchbox have introduced the slimline box, the products are a bit smaller this month and so the box seemed much emptier when I opened it. I won't lie, I felt a little disappointed. But the quality of the products certainly weren't bad this month.



Laura Mercier Eye Pencil - This month,subscribers got the chance to pick out of three items. Unfortunately, I didn't get the email with the chance to pick, so I didn't know what I was getting. I ended up with the the eye pencil in the colour Violet. It isn't the item I would have chosen as it's not a colour I would normally wear as an eyeliner. It seems like very good quality though. When I swiped it on my hand it took some getting off. I'm not sure what use I will get out of this.We'll see if I decide to wear this.

Lola Barcelona Nail Polish - This is a shade which Birchbox teamed up exclusively with Lola Barcelona to produce. The colour is Born, which is a pastel, shimmery shade. As soon as I got it I thought I'd try it out. A couple of days in and it's wearing well. I think it's a great neutral, everyday shade. The only downside is that the packaging of the varnish is so boring.

Percy & Reed London Volumising Smooth, Sealed and Sensational Oil No Oil - This has such a long name to type out! It helps smooth and tame hair. I'm not sure I will use this one, as I've always thought my hair has enough volume. I like the scent and texture though, so I may see how it works out.

Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash  - I like to spend time away from home, so I appreciate receiving face wash samples. This one has rose hips, chamomile and passion flower to leave the skin soft and fresh. I don't know if it is just the ones I received, but it doesn't foam up. Either way, I am looking forward to using this.

Pommade Devine Nature's Remedy Balm - This is a nifty little balm that, using 97% natural ingredients, can be used on imperfections such as flaky skin to help soothe and protect. I have had a cold recently so the skin around my nose is a little drier. I have been using this, and it helps. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell.

Befine Warming Clay Mask - This is mask has cardamom, arnica and pomegranate to help purify the skin. It also warms on the skin, which sounds crazy. For that fact alone I am looking forward to using this, It's also natural which gives it a big thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *