Saturday 1 November 2014

October Loot Crate


I must say that I am beginning to become a fan of monthly subscription boxes. I already have two on the go, and even have my eye on a possible third. I've not been able to post about my Birch Box this month, as I've not actually received it yet. The Birch Box team have been really nice about it and are posting me out a replacement. Fingers crossed for this one!

But this post is for the Loot Crate; a subscription box for geeks. It includes things like figures and t-shirts from TV shows, films and games. It's actually an American subscription box, but they have a good deal for international shipping, and best of all, there's no delay on the time it takes to get here. The box costs about £17 per month, and for that you get quite a nice bundle of stuff, in an awesome looking box.

Each box has a theme, and for October it is 'Fear'. You know, because of Halloween and all that. As I mentioned in my previous post I don't like horror, I especially don't like zombies, so I wasn't sure if I would like this box as much as I maybe could.

Luckily I have a family who love The Walking Dead, so I'm sure they're more likely to appreciate the print and the comic. Even though I'm not a fan, the comic is quite cool. It's an actual issue with a Loot Crate exclusive cover. I don't understand the reference in the print, so that's not one for me.

From the rest of this month's goodies, I particularly like the saw. It's actually a secret pen which I thought was really cool. There was also some realistic temporary tattoos of slashes and bites, which were perfect for Halloween; a quick idea for a costume.

The book in the picture is called 'How To Survive a Sharknado' which is actually a full book of how to survive various 'sci-fi' incidents. And then there is the t-shirt. This month it was a skull made from cats, which is very fun.

Finally it comes with a booklet. This one was particularly cool as the outside cover has 3D zombies. They actually look really, really good.

Overall, I really loved this box. I'm looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *