Monday 13 October 2014

September Favourites

I know it's incredibly late, and we're well into October now, but I really wanted to get my September favourites in, as there were some great things I enjoyed. I might post a few extra times this month to make up for my absence.

You may be wondering where I have been. I've simply been too busy. I picked up some extra-curricular activities in September, including a beginners course in fencing, which I love. I've also spent the last few weeks studying for my car theory test, which took up all my time. Now that's over I can concentrate on my blog again (I passed by the way!).

I've not had the light to take pictures of my favourite make-up, and beingconcious that this is already very late, here are my multimedia favourites.

Film



I didn't think I would have a film in September. I saw a couple, but they weren't brilliant. Then on the last day I went to the cinema with my sister to see Pride. I was blown away by it completely. It's based on a true story, set in the midst of the mining strikes in Britain. A group in the gay community decide to begin raising money for the strikers, What follows is a wonderful story of camaraderie and adversity. It's brilliantly paced, very witty and perfectly cast. I love it so much I've seen it again since. Cannot. Recommend. Enough.

Television




The best television without a doubt has got to be Great British Bake Off. I, like many other people, am in love with this show. I chose this clip of Mel and Sue as I don't think it could be the same without them. They're just so funny and caring. If you've never seen it (and I don't know why you wouldn't have) a group of amateur bakers get pitched against each other each week, in a number of challenges to become Star Baker. But one must be eliminated. All the bakers are just so nice, and it's so lovely to see what they bake. Already, I am longing to make some bread soon.

Music

Since watching Pride, I have once again been hit by the 80's bug, and this song in Pride is the best. It's so catchy and danceable! I love that 80's sound. Somehow the video being cheesy and typically 80s is a plus!



I'll be back with more posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *